6/12/08

Heaven's Warrior


This poem has been a long time coming, stuck somewhere in the vast subconscious of my mind for some time now. Out of no where, it decided to free itself. :)



Heaven’s Warrior
To my sweet baby
Whom I love so dear
If I could only tell you
How I long to hold you near
You are my little angel
Sent down from heaven above
The sparkle in your eyes
Show of our Father’s love
I now give you to your parents
To have you as their own
They will lead and guide you
Back to your heavenly home
Wherever you may go
And whatever you may do
May you always know
How much that I love you
As you go on in life’s journey
No matter how short or far
Baby boy, I ask you please
Remember who you are
You are heaven’s warrior
Sent from heaven down to earth
You have changed the hearts of many
Because of your noble birth
Remember who you are
6/12/08

6 comments:

Cass said...

Aww! I had to wipe away the tears! That is an incredibly sweet poem! You should print it real cute and have it framed for Tyler! It's a great reminder of our family motto: Remember who you are!

I love you!

The Lakes said...

Thank you for the sweet reminder. I love the poem. I love you and I'm so proud of you. You are so strong and show so much courage. I'm so glad you "Remember Who You Are" and set such a great example for those around you. Give our love to the girls.

Leslie said...

You should submit it to the Ensign! Lovely poem.

LiteraryZeus said...

Im kinda speechless! As per usual, your way with words leave me in awe! "Just Wait" :)

kimsueellen said...

Beautiful. Tears.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I miss you and think of you often. Reading your blog and seeing your family always brightens my day. And your poetry is beautiful and full of love.

-Sabrina