Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Three Things I am Grateful for:
1. Thank you, neighbor, who lent me rice, when I discovered my lack thereof after already starting stir-fry for dinner.
2. Tonight I changed the bedtime routine, and put Jayce down first, rather than Kayla, and instead had quiet time with her. For how difficult two year olds are, I am grateful for those quiet moments.
3. I am grateful Blogger will let me schedule posts. I have all my missing days written down, I just haven't had time to put them online, but when I do, I can put them in order.
Thursday, July 31, 2014
We as parents, love them all, and do our best, but I think she often feels stuck in the middle.
Tonight, she stayed up the latest. And I really enjoyed our one-on-one talk.
She is also an excellent entertainer! Her giggle is contagious, and though she may be shy with those she doesn't know, she is the biggest clown I know. With both her little brother and sister, she is the first to make them laugh. It is her daily goal in life, to make them laugh. And she will do absolutely anything to accomplish it.
I can't wait to watch her grow and see who she becomes as she develops and uses all these traits for good!
Three Things I am grateful for:
1. Play & Pretend at the library. It was our first time- so much fun!
2. Beautiful weather! We spent time outside, and Kayla finally has figured out how to peddle her bike. Too bad it doesn't keep her attention for more than thirty seconds! :)
3. I am grateful to live here. Where I am, right now. Yes, sometimes it is hard, it isn't super close to the bus, and that bus only runs a 5 days a week/6am-6pm. But after today, and the friendships strengthened with neighbors, and friendships created, I am feeling really blessed!
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Three Things I am Grateful For:
1. My sister-in-law, Emily (I love movie nights out!)
2. Girls willing to calmly take over making mac n cheese when mom slices her thumb open cutting a hot dog.
3. Super glue. It saved me a lot of blood and band aids today
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Monday, July 28, 2014
One Good thing that happened today: Sam had a friend over today who said I was cool! But better yet, it was a great feeling to hear them laughing from the other room. My girl deserves the downtime!
3 things I am grateful for:
1. A nine year old willing to clean up sister's accident because mom was busy
2. The ability to kiss and snuggle an accident-prone 1 year old all better.
3. 5 min family home evening lessons from The Friend.
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Today my sister brought me clothes. That may not seem like much, but when you have lost a lot of weight, it is definitely a plus. I guess I can say I officially love hand-me-downs! (never thought I would say that)
1. My sister taking the girls for a well deserved cousin time.
2. Sleeping in.
3. Good kids.
Saturday, July 26, 2014
1. My sister for taking Sam and Laci for a sleep over.
2. Toddler cuddles.
3. My parents' health.