6/29/08

Keep Moving. The End Is Near

I am not really sure where to begin. I just decided to sit down and start typing. I am sure there are other topics of writing I should be typing up for your viewing pleasure right now, yet I feel impressed to share my thoughts.

I know God lives, and that He loves us.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one true church on the earth today.

I know we are led by a true and living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.

I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that he did see God the Father and His son, Jesus Christ when he knelt in prayer in that sacred grove of trees in New York state.

I know Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God. I know the Book of Mormon is a true book, and in it we can find eternal happiness. I know we can learn for ourselves that it is true, and that knowledge can truly make us happy.

I know my Savior lives and loves me. I know I am a child of God, and that in a time before this earth, I lived with Him, along with every other person on this earth. I know we were sent to this earth for a purpose, to experience mortality, and to learn. In that, we may be prepared to live with God again.

I know that families can be together forever, through the sealing power of the priesthood. I know that with it, after this life, we will have the opportunity to see our loved ones once again and to be with them forever.

I know that one day, when this life is through, I will be resurrected. This life is so small in the eternal timeline of our Father's plan. That one day, all the mental anguish, all the pain and suffering, all the physical imperfections and frailties which I carry, will be lifted, and I will be perfected in and through Him, Jesus Christ.

Have you ever thought about what you will do first? In the day you are resurrected? I think about it everyday, in fact, I have a list that has been growing since I was about 13. Some of the things on that list include:
  • Climb a tree
  • Play a game of basketball
  • Swing Dance

There is nothing wrong with having something to look forward to. What better way to get through life?

I am glad I have the knowledge that I do. That I know who I am, and where I am going. And I am working on getting there, a little bit at a time. Though I may not be perfect, and may be literally crawling along some days, at least I am moving. The end is near.

Now, that's the spirit! Don'tcha think? :)

4 comments:

The Lakes said...

I Love You!! You are an inspiration to me - always have been and always will be.

kimsueellen said...

Beautiful words Mel. Thank you for sharing your testimony with the world. You are a truly amazing person.

MG said...

i completely agree, that was beautiful. yes, definitely good to have something to look forward to. i have a list too, but it's about collin.

Amy White said...

What a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing it. You really do make me want to be a better person.