3/27/08

The Meaning of Pure Joy

Just a quick thing I want to share...

A few minutes ago, I did something that perhaps I should not have done. (I am getting ready to go out, so crying isn't a good idea) I opened up pictures from the hospital from right after Tyler was born. This is my first time seeing these specific moments, as I was still in the OR. I watched a video of when the nurse first brought the baby in to show the family. I was handling it just fine, until the moment she placed him in Jen's arms for the first time. I started bawling. heh. The look on Jen's face just melts my heart. I can't even imagine the feeling that was lifted from her shoulders in that moment to hold her beautiful son that she has longed for and wanted for so long.



Until now, I have only seen glimpses of this side of the adoption process through Cass and Mark and their desire to have children. I am extremely grateful to Heavenly Father to have the opportunity and blessing of being a part of this tender mercy for Braden and Jen in bringing this child into the world.

4 comments:

Cass said...

You are amazing and I feel as though my own testimony of Christ has been strengthened through this. You have been unwavering in your faith in your Father in Heaven and I hope you know how much admiration and respect I have for you. I love you!

The Lakes said...

The picture is priceless and the experiences we all shared are eternal. Thank you for the great example you set for all of us. I've always known that you were so much stronger than I was. We love you!!

Leslie said...

You gave the most amazing gift to them. Don't forget...blessings everyday of your life from this. Look for the one today and be happy! You are doing great. Call me anytime - please.

Madsen Family said...

I have thought of you so much in these last few months and have shed many tears myself. You will forever be a part of your little boys heart and of his adoptive parents hearts too. You are such a great example to me of strength!