5/15/08

He Sends Me Angels


I can't believe it has been one year since I married Ben, and nine months since he walked out. Though, this year has not been anything like I expected, I feel so blessed and grateful to be where I am today.

I remember being in the temple one year ago, getting ready to be sealed, and having the overwelming feeling that my family (on both sides of the veil) was watching over me, and very aware of what was happening in my life. That experience has been one of those things that has gotten me through this year. I know I have never been alone, and I know I never will be.

This year has been hard, I will not deny that. Carrying a baby for nine months and taking care of two energetic girls and myself on my own(with the help of the Lord) has not been easy. Making the decision to place my little boy for adoption, and following through with that decision is the hardest thing I have ever (and hopefully will ever) face. But, I have been blessed with good people in my life, a new start in a new town, a friendly and loving ward, good friends, family and neighbors. I wouldn't change it for the world.

I have had many people say to me "I don't know how you do it, Melody. I take care of my kids by myself for one night and I go crazy, you do it every day." The truth is, I have never really felt alone. I know it is not me getting myself through each day but it's the faith and knowledge that I will be carried through. There are some nights when I lay my head to my pillow and think to myself, "how did I get through today?" There is only one answer to that question.

He sends me angels.

11 comments:

Kimmie said...

I love you, girlie =)

The Lakes said...

Beautiful! I love you so much.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

You always feel me with hope.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

You always feel me with hope.
Sabrina

kimsueellen said...

This is so beautiful. You have been through so much sweet Mel. You deserve all the angels he can spare!

Leslie said...

You are truly blessed. Beautiful post.

Amy White said...

Melody thanks for inviting me to see your Blog. You are a wonderful writer and you have such a strong testimony. Thanks for sharing and strengthening me. I enjoy seeing and visiting with you often.

LiteraryZeus said...

You inspire me daily. Its your positive outlook that
leaves me amazed. I know at times Im a gloomy gus.:), But you, You Melody are The definiton of perseverance. Love you lots Cheetohead. Always keep that smile!

Kayla said...

You are amazing Melody! Amazing, amazing, amazing! :)

The Ursenbach Family said...

I'm glad to see that everything is turning out so well. It sure is nice when we can put our trust in God and have such great results. I don't understand how people can survive without the Spirit.
Julie

Melissa Zuber said...

I am so glad that I have been invited. You are so poetic! I absolutely love how open you are with sharing your testimony. It is so strengthening! You are one STRONG woman! I love chatting with you!