8/8/08

Three Antibiotics, Two Crazy Kids, and One Month Later...

Well, it has been a crazy month! I got sick around the 4th of July and was sick for the entire month until about a week ago. It started out as a fever and sore throat for about a week. I was given antibiotics. After that it turned to a sinus infection and I was given new antibiotics. Apparently, those did not work either, because I did not get any better, just worse. Finally, with a third antibiotic they started working. I guess the third time is the charm!

In July, I considered going to school in the fall. I got all registered, and changed my mind. I decided to put it off until my kids were a bit older, and just focus on our home for now.

Yesterday, I found out Sammie has Ms Jordan for school next year. I am so excited. As is Sammie. Janet Jordan is in our ward and Sam already knows her, in fact it is who she wanted. She has a very loving demeanor and will be great for Sammie. Plus, Sammie and Sidney are in the same class again. That is great news! These best friends may be double trouble, as they are both friendly, energetic little girls, but it is great they will be together for another year.

I got to go to the temple yesterday morning. That was so great. I go with my friend Melinda, who is actually Sidney's mom. We have been trying to go once a month. It is so nice to get away from the kids for a few hours and get spiritually refueled. It was a nice reminder of what is important of what is important and what I need to be doing.

You know my neighbors that I always talk about? Well they are so awesome. We have been wanting to go have a mom's night out for quite a while now. Earlier this week we planned to go to Olive Garden for dinner. So I asked Cass to watch the girls and we left at 4:30pm to get to Provo by dinner time. It was so much fun! We will have to do it again soon. I really love the neighborhood I live in, even though it's an apartment complex and so many people moving in and out all the time. Thank you Cass for watching the girls, and I hope you guys enjoyed the food we brought back for you!



It has been a busy busy summer. Though I have enjoyed having the girls home, I am ready for them to go back to school! I look forward to being able to go through a lot of clutter around the house, reorganizing the house, and just being able to do some things for me. Today I went down to the institute to register for class. Had a good chat with my former bishop who works there. He was bishop when I first moved in. I plan on taking two institute classes so I am there every day. I am so excited for school to start. Sam starts on the 19th of August, but Laci doesn't start until the 8th of September. I am going to try and see if Laci can have an hour long play date on those days so that I can still go to institute and not have to miss until the 8th.


I suppose that is pretty much it. Thank you all for your on-going support, and we hope you are all doing well!

6 comments:

The Lakes said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better and sounds like you are having a blast. Is that marker on Laci's face?

Melissa Zuber said...

What I move away and I become dust?!?! I am so hurt that you had a girls night without me!:0) I am glad that you are feeling better and that all is well in Ephraim. Are you reading Breaking Dawn? I am soosooooo ticked! My Jacob! I have to keep reading though I have about two hundred pages left, there's still hope, right?

Leslie said...

Wow - you must be building a tolerance to certain antibiotics. Glad you are better. That's great that you can get to the temple so much.

Melissa Zuber said...

I totally finished. It's ok, number 3 I will love forever.

kimsueellen said...

Oh my goodness Mel, you look STUNNING. WOW. Sorry to hear you were so sick...I was way sick like that back in June...not fair to have that in the summertime! Glad you are on the mend. Love the update.

Vanessa said...

The girls are growing up and beautiful!! Glad to hear you are well again!