9/23/11

My Constant Star - 2007

My Constant Star

When I was born
And there was no hope
She was the one
Who wouldn’t let go

When I was in preschool
And I ran a race
She was right by my side
When I won first place

She was the one who taught me
The things I know
Of my noble birthright
And heavenly goal

When I was in junior high
And I was failing a class
She was right on it
Making sure I passed

When I was in high school
Dealing with the death of a friend
She was there to remind me
Her life didn’t end

She is a constant star
Everywhere I go
Reminding me of
The truths I know

When I was in college
And we moved to a new place
She was there to help me
Find my space

When I was in labor
And almost died
She was by my side
When the baby cried

When I got divorced
And my world came crashing down
She was right beside me
Keeping my feet on the ground

When I made my mistakes
And went the wrong way
She was still there to love me
Every single day

Now as I move on
To get married again
If only she knew
What her love meant

I love you mom
For all that you are
You’re my best friend
And constant star


Melody Jynnette Weight
April 10, 2007