7/9/14

One Good Thing & Gratitude Day #1: Full Two-year old!

Each day starting today for the next 3 weeks, I will write down a good thing that happened each day.  It is a goal of mine to help change my brain's way of thinking.  So grateful for the opportunities I have had for growth the last few months, and this is just one thing of many!

When I placed Tyler for adoption years ago, the first week was the hardest week of my entire life (now coupled with the week that Jayce spent in the NICU one year ago).  My adoption counselor admonished me to write down 3 things I was grateful for each day before going to sleep, and it would help me sleep, without the nightmares.  I now more fully understand why.  Along with one good thing, to change positive thinking, I will also list 3 things I am grateful for!  Here we go!

Today I made Shepard's Pie for dinner.  And I think it was the first day in a LONG time that Kayla ate every bite and even asked for seconds and thirds!!  So grateful for my sweet family.  I still can't believe I have four kids, and often wonder how I get through each day with my patience levels, and how my children somehow survive it and still want my loves at the end of the day.  But it is the small things.

3 Things:
1. Prayer when something is lost.  Bryan was headed out the door for work tonight and I could not find his keys I had used earlier in the day.  I said a quick prayer and they were soon found.  I also said a prayer for my wedding band tonight as I was getting ready for bed.  I had apparently misplaced it, and noticed it had not been on my dresser where it was suppose to be for a very long time.  A prayer and my thoughts led me to a place I would probably randomly find one day, but definitely not my first inclination!

2. Children who try hard to do right.   We have been working with Laci in encouraging her to be a more positive thinker when asked to do something.  She is the middle child, and it is a constant struggle to get her cooperation.  Well, today, she has been an absolute sweetheart, and hopped up first every time I asked for something!  (Usually it is her older sister)

3. "How to Win Friends and Influence People"   I am loving this book!  So grateful to my dear friend, Renae for the recommendation!  It is this book that gave me the idea she change my wording just slightly in asking for help, that has improved Laci's reactions!   Highly Recommended!

No comments: