6/24/17

We Are Tatiyee

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting, tree, plant, child, grass, outdoor and natureI wrote this 20 years ago this summer for Lions Camp Tatiyee. Returning this week after a 16 year absence, has caused these words to reach deep to my soul like never before. It has never been more true. There truly is no place like home.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting and indoorImage may contain: 2 people, people smiling, sunglasses, closeup and outdoor
Image may contain: dog and indoor
Fulfilling the Dream
There was this time
that I was strong
There was this place
That I belonged
This was the place
I learned to fly
Soar to the highest
Or atleast I tried
This special place
Is very dear
I hope to return
In upcoming years
There were these people
Just like me
Different from others
Or so, it seems
The sincere love
Of a true friend
Goes on forever
Without end
We learn to live
With separate ends
As we grew up together
The best of friends
The family I love
Must now depart
The strength they give me
Deep in my heart.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, closeup
The joy,
The laughter,
The sorrow,
The tears...
Will be there forever
For many years

No comments: