5/11/08

Mother's Day

This day has never meant so much to me before. The past few months have been an eye opening experience regarding the sacred splendor of motherhood. I enjoy my girls. They are so sweet. I cannot help but think of Tyler. I can't help but picture him at church with his family today, and the pride that fill Jen's heart to know she IS a mother now. I gave that to her. Though I miss him, it is a bittersweet day.
I can't help but think of the precious moments I had with him on that last night in the hospital. It was 3 am, and all there was, was him and I. The rest of the world was locked outside. For a moment, time stopped. He was mine, and only mine. But his father in heaven had a plan for him. Father in heaven had a plan for me. Though I do not know what lies ahead, I do know that in those moments, I got a glimpse of eternity. I will forever be grateful for those moments.

I will forever be grateful for Tyler, and for his parents who are now raising him with such powerful love and devotion.

I will forever be grateful for my beautiful daughters. And for the gift of a mother's love which I possess. I am glad to share that gift with Jen, and she is now enjoying it on this beautiful day.

3 comments:

The Lakes said...

We're so proud of you and we love you more than you can ever know.

Leslie said...

You are an amazing mother. And you gave Jen the greatest gift - Motherhood. Remember to think of the blessings that you will have all of your life because of your sacrifice.

Cute new blog decor.

Kevin said...

You are truly one of a kind and your a fantastic mother and your kids are very lucky to have you as their mother.
Always remember who you are and that your loved no matter what.