5/9/08

For Samatha and Laci

Daughter


If only you could understand
The things you could not see
Like a window to my soul
View the deeper part of me
I may not be perfect
I struggle inside
There are so many things
That break down my pride
I wish I was kinder
A gentler friend
A shoulder to cry on
With a heart to lend
I want to show you
How much I care
It is my hope
You know I am always there
I want to be the mother
I always dreamed I would be
Helping you reach for your goals
So many things I want you to believe
Believe in yourself
And who you are
Believe that you are heaven’s
Bright shining star
Believe that with God’s
Power on high
You can spread your wings
And conquer the sky
You are a Daughter
With nature divine
Each day remember
You are not mine
You belong to a Father
With a love so true
He wants in every way
What is best for you
He will guide you and love you
And take you by the hand
He will lead you onward
If you put your trust in Him
My daughter, I love you
I want you to know
Though I may not show it
You have a glow
You are a special spirit
Sent from Father above
I thank him every day
For your precious love
Hold on to the person
Deep down in your soul
Let’s walk the road together
To our Heavenly home.

May 9, 2008



3 comments:

The Lakes said...

Beautiful! You are a great poet - always have been. It's nice to see that you are back to it and what a wonderful tribute to your daughters.

LiteraryZeus said...

Wow Melody!
Im Truly touched by your words. Ive always loved when you let your words flow free. Your a great Poet indeed. I hope one day Samantha and Laci know how blessed they are to have such a wonderful mother. Im sure they know now!! :)

MG said...

melody, that poem is beautiful! hope you have a wonderful mother's day! you totally deserve it. sorry i'm not much help on sammy's "un-birthday".