7/8/09

Sparklers, Bowling Balls, and Bed-head!




We have had a busy couple of days. Here are pictures from the 4th of July, bowling, and our haircuts we got today!
We had a great time as a family for the holiday. We did all our cleaning on Friday, so all day Saturday we got to play. As you can see, the girls really have gotten into helping clean lately, and we all work together as a family to really clean the house about every two weeks.
On the 4th of July, we spent time as a family watching movies, and then after cooking up some tasty burgers(compliments of Bryan), we went outside at dusk on the grass and played games til it was time to set off fireworks. The girls had a lot of fun with a few sparklers(that were hard to light at first because of the wind), and then us ladies sat on the grass while Bryan did all the work to give us a fun little firework display in the complex parking lot. The girls got to bed late, and were more than cranky the next morning for church, but it was sure worth all the fun.
Sunday was fast Sunday, and Sammie got up and bore her testimony all by herself. I wish I could remember what she said, because there was just one thing that was so sweet. but I am sure you can imagine.
Laci even wanted to bear her testimony so I got up to take her. Now, a few months back I totally fell in the middle of Sacrament Meeting(you may remember that story) and so as you may guess, I was so paranoid to walk up. But of course, I knew it was so unlikely I would fall again so I just went ahead and got up(taking my shoes off first to make it less risky), knowing if something happened, Bryan was right there. So I got up and guess what? I totally tripped over my own feet and caught myself by grabbing on to the pew(which caused me to do a 180) and hung on for dear life with one hand inches from hitting the floor! Of course, Bryan was there in seconds to help me up, and it happened so fast from the time I stood up to when I fell, and got up and walked up to the front, that I don't think very many people even noticed! But oh my word! What luck!
When I got up to the front I realized Laci was being shy and didn't follow, but with a little coaxing she joined me on the stand. When I took her up, it being her very first time, I whispered in her ear, "I would like to bear my testimony," she then responded with a very audible, "What?" into the microphone. After a few attempts of getting her to repeat that, I finally gave up and had her just say three things, and her testimony officially started with "I love my family" It really was the sweetest thing ever. I am really glad I finally have the opportunity to do testimonies with the girls, now that I have the spousal support in Sacrament Meeting!
Yesterday, my good friend Karin came down from SLC for a visit. We decided to go bowling! Of course the girls had a blast, and I even got a strike on the 10th frame! Sammie did so good, she bowled all by herself and got a bunch of frames with only one pin left! I guess playing on Wii really does pay off! Bryan is the genius bowler in our family(or claims to be ;) ) but he complained the lanes hadn't been greased in forever, and made it impossible to bowl with accuracy. He scored under 100 the first time in his life with a final score of 99! Karin scored right behind Bryan. She claimed she is usually horrible, but usually she plays "normal" people. I argued I was normal, apparently normal people don't use a crutch when they bowl. :)
I have been so looking forward to today! I went and got my hair chopped off and highlighted, and I absolutely love it! I have had long hair for two years, and I was ready for a change and a non-itchy, light-weighted head again! The girls have been struggling with brushing out their hair(Laci gets the rattiest bedhead!) so we went ahead and got their hair cut too. Actually, we all got the same one, except Laci was given bangs since the front of her hair was so whispy.
Life goes on in the Clayton Household, and we are excited about the future! Bryan has been doing shadowing, and gets to shadow a surgeon in surgery tomorrow for the second time. He registered for classes today, and he is looking forward to starting school up again in the Fall. The girls are headed out on Sunday to spend two weeks with their dad in Arizona while we pack everything up and move to Salt Lake in 9 days! Thank goodness, Bryan has agreed to do most of the packing. He remembers from my Mingle Profile that one of my 3 pet peeves is "packing to move" I absolutely hate it! What a good husband!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Love your new hair! Good Luck with the move. Please email me your new address.

Crys Kaestner said...

Tell the girls to STOP GROWING!!!!! It's just not fair. But they are so cute :)
Is Bryan a med-student? What does he do?
The more I hear about you doing well the more I want to go see you, make a cake, and just hang out. :)

Jen said...

Cute pictures. I love all the haircuts! And, yes, Bryan must have been off in bowling. In his hay day he was always scoring closer to 200! Tell him to call me too... we have been playing phone tag.

LuvableLDS said...

The haircuts are darling!! Did you get yours colored, too? I can't wait for you to move down to Salt Lake!! It was so much fun to get together w/ you guys, we'll have to make it a regular thing once you're closer :)

Karin

Adam and Brynn said...

I love all the new haircuts & all the pictures too! :) I'm so excited for you guys to move closer up this way!! I'm also glad you are all having a great summer. :) We'll have to get together really soon!! Love you guys!

MG said...

sounds like you found an awesome guy, melody. p.s. love the haircuts!

out numbered said...

I am so happy for you. I am glad that the blessings are flowing in. You are amazing! Good Luck with the move, Congrats on your wedding. Your daughters are beautiful! -Deanna