9/15/09

Good Times are Ahead!

It seems like more often than not, I start my blogs out with, "I have not blogged in forever.." or something similar to that. Way to go Melody for pointing out the obvious!

We have been sooooooooo busy as of late. Bryan and Sammie started school the week of August 24th, and I have yet to find my balance(no pun intended) with the new schedule. Bryan has a night class four nights a week, and also a class every Saturday morning til noon. Needless to mention, that on Wednesdays, he leaves at 8am, only to return sometime after 8pm.

Life is good though, we are being blessed, and a very happy little family. Laci started preschool yesterday and has yet to complain about that. She also started a dance class last Tuesday, went to her second class tonight, and is loving that! I cannot believe how grown up she is becoming. We are even noticing that her eating habits are changing, and that she is starting to finally get meat on those little bones of hers! The location is so nice(dance and Headstart), they are right down the hill from where we live, here in our complex, and she could practically take herself if it wasn't for the fact she must be signed in by an adult. I did enjoy the past three weeks with her alone all day. But this year isn't so bad since she only goes half day, so I get the afternoons and all day Friday with her.

Sammie is also doing well in school. I feel as though she is going to make a lot of progress this year. Her teacher has a huge emphasis on reading, and it has been very good for Samantha. Her teacher is also very organized, which is very good for mom and dad! She is also settled in special education and getting the help that she needs. She has already progressed leaps and bounds in just these few weeks. She has a fieldtrip to the State Fair tomorrow, and she is way excited!

Bryan is enjoying being back in school. He has a busy schedule and enjoys being able to come home to his family after a hard day's work. He is such a GOOD dad and I think he has a lot to do with how much success the girls are having in school. It is nice to have the reinforcements in getting homework and reading and chores done.

I am doing great too. I am enjoying the peace and quiet in the evenings while Bryan is in class. I keep busy on my hobbies. Plus, I have become a huge sucker for hot, deep, bubble baths with aromatherapy from Bath & Body Works. For the last 28 hours, I have been without my power wheelchair. It was in the shop getting fixed. For the last several months, I have not been able to use it but in the house. The batteries were fried, and would show as dead on the power meter just minutes after unplugging it for the day's use. But, tonight, my wheelchair is returned, with new batteries and a few simple repairs. I now have my freedom to come and go throughout the area as I please!

Sorry there haven't been pictures, I am in need of a new camera, and it will be my belated birthday/Christmas present when the proper money for it is saved up.

We are so blessed. I feel as though Heavenly Father truly knows what he was doing when he placed our little family here. It just keeps getting better and better. I suppose all I have left to say is what has become our family motto - Good times are ahead! (In so many ways)

3 comments:

kjera said...

aw I am so glad things are working great and you are soooo blessed!!

Adam and Brynn said...

Great post!! I'm so glad everything is going so well! I like your family motto too.

The Lakes said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad you guys are doing so well. We love you and miss you. Thank you for the cute note card. You are sure to enjoy that fun hobby.