7/31/14

#24: Laci

Laci is my good thing today.  She is so amazing.  All my children are, in their own ways. Laci is the prime definition of middle child.  Her older sister gets a lot of attention for how much responsibility she takes on, and the younger ones get a lot of attention because they are toddlers.

We as parents, love them all, and do our best, but I think she often feels stuck in the middle.

Tonight, she stayed up the latest.  And I really enjoyed our one-on-one talk.

Laci is growing up and so intelligent.  She has a great logic, and I love the way she thinks and the ideas she comes up with.  Today she said it would be great if there was something to make it so we didn't have to clean at all.  She is always coming up with crazy ideas, and the way she gets to the final product just brings a big smile to my face.

She is also an excellent entertainer!  Her giggle is contagious, and though she may be shy with those she doesn't know, she is the biggest clown I know.  With both her little brother and sister, she is the first to make them laugh.  It is her daily goal in life, to make them laugh.  And she will do absolutely anything to accomplish it.

She loves fun, and hates work.  In our family, we work together to pull the load around the house.  She struggles with it, but never gives up.  She has the biggest heart, her emotions are deep and strong in all directions.

I can't wait to watch her grow and see who she becomes as she develops and uses all these traits for good!

Three Things I am grateful for:
1. Play & Pretend at the library. It was our first time- so much fun!
2. Beautiful weather!  We spent time outside, and Kayla finally has figured out how to peddle her bike.  Too bad it doesn't keep her attention for more than thirty seconds! :)
3. I am grateful to live here.  Where I am, right now.  Yes, sometimes it is hard, it isn't super close to the bus, and that bus only runs a 5 days a week/6am-6pm. But after today, and the friendships strengthened with neighbors, and friendships created, I am feeling really blessed!

No comments: